To the Moon p. 162
I choose the poem “To the Moon” for a couple
different reasons, one of the main reasons being I love the moon. I mean
between it and the sun I would have to go with the moon. Plus the moon won’t
cause me to burn in 3 minutes flat. That’s my record for fastest sun burn.
Anyway, onto more interesting reasons why I picked the poem “To the Moon” is
because it shadows the human life cycle. This depiction is shown mainly in the
first stanza and a little in the second stanza. The way that I see it the moon
is personified. It mirrors a human female forever searching for her life
partner. As the moon goes through its cycles so does a human, growing and
getting dimmer with age. I also see in the first paragraph that the moon is
lonely and feels like an outcast among its fellow stars which are similar in
appearance. It circles the earth day in and day out to see if it can find its
forever moon. And as the moon continuously encircles the earth it starts to become
dimmer which indicates sadness as mentioned before. In the last two lines of
the first stanza, it states that the moon is a joyless eye that finds no object
worth its constancy. It is one of a kind but this is not what it desires.
One of the other reasons that I adore the moon is
because even when shrouded with eternal darkness it shines through to depict
that even in hate there is love; even in darkness there is light and where
there are enemies there are friends. As the sunsets it takes all the hopeful
feelings and brightness away from the world leaving darkness and despair in its
place. However the earth is not without the light of guidance. The moon takes
over and provides a ray of peace. It shows that there is still light at the end
of a tunnel and if you follow its light you will find your way.
No comments:
Post a Comment