Tuesday, February 10, 2015

CIE Blog post 3


                The Poem I have decided to write about is “My Heart Leaps Up” by William Wordsworth. I chose this poem because it delivers a short but simple message that I believe is extremely important but is often forgotten as we grow old. The message I am talking about is not letting the inner child in you die once you become older. Do not let the things that use to excite you and fill your days with joy escape your life. Because as we become older and our lives get more complicated I am sure that all of us could use anything we can to brighten our days, even if it is just a little bit. I also think that, at least for me, this poem kind of relates to the stage I am currently at in my life. In my first year at college, leaving home for the first time, leaving all my friends and family for the first time it can be really easy to feel like I am growing up real quick. And with all the responsibilities that being at college and on my own for the first time brings you have to start to be mature and handle your own responsibilities. Sometimes you forget you are still only 18 years old and really in the prime of your life. when I read this poem I remind myself to relax a little bit, remember to embrace all the small things that make me happy in life, and be a kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment