Blog post
I agree with half of what Sandel is saying in this artical we just read, but I also disagree with part of it. I think it is a little bit ridiculous that just about everything in society can be put up for sale but then again I think it also brings out the competitive nature in us. yes it can get a little bit absurd like placing bets on when old people are gonna die... that is a little immoral if you ask me anyways. but for the most part I think it can definitely be beneficial. I think it can drive society to compete with one another and people always do say that competition brings out the best in people. however with that logic you have to take into account that being rich does not always mean you are successful. if you love what you do and make enough to support your life style sufficiently than it is also said that you feel like you have never worked a day in your life. so then again I don't think it is fair to leave those people out just because they found what they love but it just does not make them rich. so I guess limitations need to be made when things get a little bit out of hand but I like the idea that if you work hard you will be rewarded but we need to make sure we are all on even playing grounds. what I do completely agree with Sandel on is that the integrity of certain things are lost once we put the value of money on them. like he said some things begin to feel like a chore or we lose a sense of self pride for accomplishing something. I think it would be a good idea to some how re-motivate society to earn something because they worked hard for it and it made them feel good rather than just to receive an award at the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment