I believe this poem is important because it’s applicable
to everyday life and makes me think a lot about how I perceive the world. When
I was flipping through the book this title caught my attention, and when I read
it, it was fairly easy to read and interpret. I think this is because Wordsworth
is describing the feared but attainable unknown of our thoughts and actions in
the world and how we perceive and present them to society and ourselves.
Because “important” is a subjective term, in this
context I’m going to define it as something that can be meaningful to one’s
life. I think the main idea that Wordsworth is addressing in this poem is fulfilling
loneliness through realization, acceptance and changing.
My interpretation of the “plot” of this poem is
as follows: in the beginning he’s expressing lonely thoughts, than he’s
following them and realizes that they are everywhere, but mainly in good,
relaxing places, and finally he accepts these lonely thoughts and now thinks
that they are a part of being happy and okay with yourself in life. Why I think
this plot line is applicable and important to lots of peoples lives in general
is because I think we all feel lonely at times and wander off, thinking about
what to do, where to go, etc. We realize overtime through experience, time and
maturity that sad thoughts happen but don’t have to consume us; that there
should be more good than bad and that we can take sad and bad situations and
deal with them and perceive them in a happy, healthy way. I think that is
exactly what Wordsworth is doing with this poem—following his lonely thoughts,
accepting them, and being okay and happy with himself in the end of his journey
following those thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment