Thursday, February 26, 2015

Can this really be how our world really is?

I never would have thought of all the things that cost money in this world. It really opened my eyes to read Sandel's piece, about everything being bought and sold. I couldn't believe that inmates pay extra money to sit there in a cell for the rest of their lives, but if you are nonviolent you can pay extra to have a better cell than all the rest. It’s sad to think of it like that. But we really do pay for all the things we use in this world. So what is free than? The teachers in Dallas pay their students on how many books they read. Is this really where the world is headed? I didn't like reading this; we shouldn't have to pay the kids to read. I know once I learned to read, I never wanted to stop. It opens up a world of new things. You shouldn't have to pay these kids. Also the selfishness of the university in this world that will accept lesser kids due to the fact they have dollars in their pockets, or parents pockets. This gives kids that don't deserve things handed to them basically on a silver platter. Nothing is free in this world and I’m slowly feeling as if one day we will have to pay our parents just to be born. This makes me so angry! Money shouldn’t govern our lives but according to Sandel it doesn’t matter what I think or how I can change it. He thinks economics are the imperial domain of all social life and that it all started with the Cold War, when markets were rebuilding. Consumerism is a big part of the human race but I honestly don’t think it is man characteristic.

No comments:

Post a Comment