Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Bruce Bechdel
I think that if Bruce Bechdel could time travel to the present day and then go back to 1967 I think that he would be extremely surprised at how many people are brave enough to take pride in their identity and display to the world who they are. Bruce was a very self conscious human being and hid who he was from everybody else. I think no doubt he would see some changes in how many different types of people are received but would still be slightly disappointed with some of the racial and social stereotypes that still exist. just for example i think one thing that might still bother him about 2014 is that there is still a law in place that would keep homosexual people from getting married. things like that would still encourage him to keep his identity from the public. Now a days there are a few states where you can legally become married if you are gay compared to in 1967 where there was absolutely no way you could become married if you were gay, so I think Bruce would agree there are some positive changes being made but we still have a long way to go. but for the most part I believe he would be pleased to see how many people accept themselves for who they are and that people can make their identity known to the public and would not exactly receive the same type of criticism that they would have in 1967.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment